Lead Frontend Engineer
RemoteGermany, Berlin, EuropeClient Team
At BlueLabs we're combining the buzzing world of sports betting with modern tech and a great engineering culture. We own our multi-tenant sports betting platform end-to-end. It consists of tens of microservices in a handful decoupled domains, orchestrated by a terraform-provisioned Kubernetes cluster, achieving high scalability thanks to an event-driven architecture based on Apache Pulsar. We follow modern CI/CD and agile methodologies to deploy into production multiple times per day and use Datadog to monitor our infrastructure and applications.
We're now looking for a Lead Frontend Engineer to join our Client Team. You'll manage our team of frontend engineers and play a key role in the development of our player-facing web and mobile applications using latest technologies. We're open to experiment with new and emerging technologies - our application is built using SvelteKit and we utilise TypeScript for the entire codebase to improve code quality and reliability.
- Manage and lead our 4-strong frontend engineering team implementing robust and rich, usable, frontend experiences
- Oversee the scope and implementation of new features and systems that are reliable, performant, and secure at scale
- Spend the majority of your time with actual engineering work, contributing to the codebase
- Collaborate with software engineers, product managers and designers in an autonomous, supportive team environment
- Solve problems in a highly technical platform that is onboarding tens of thousands of new players every month
- Take ownership of the whole software development life cycle - architecture, development, testing, deployment, monitoring
- Take part in our on-call rotation every few weeks — we build it, we run it
- Mentor other engineers on best practices, code design considerations, and quality
- Improve our planning, development, and deployment processes to help you and your team members
However, that's not all! At BlueLabs, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role and our product accordingly.
The compensation range for this role is €70,000 to €100,000 annually, depending on your background and experience. We encourage you to read our Recruitment FAQs for further details. In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide a number of perks to all team members, including a shiny new MacBook 16" M1 Pro or Linux laptop.
5+ years experience in developing complex responsive web applications, of these 2+ years managing and scaling engineering teams in a growth environment
Experience with Typescript or with strongly typed languages
Solid experience with at least one major frontend framework and willingness to work with Svelte
Proficient user of a modern development toolchain: linters, package managers, bundlers, Git, continuous integration pipelines and familiarity with automated testing frameworks
Value accountability and will support your team in reaching their fullest potential
Excellent communication in verbal and written English with both technical and business parties
Nice to have
Experience with Node.js and full-stack development
Experience with logging and monitoring tools
Experience with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes) and cloud infrastructure providers (Google Cloud)
An interest in sports or experience with sports betting