Senior Infrastructure Engineer
RemoteGermany, Berlin, EuropeInfrastructure Team
At BlueLabs we are building a next-generation sports betting platform focused on performance, reliability, modularity and automation. After a period of experimentation, we are now excited to see our technology powering the launch of BetFox, a new B2C operator in Ghana.
To ensure the continuous enhancement of our platform while scaling up operations and entering additional African countries we are now looking to enlarge our team. As a result, our Infrastructure Team is now on the lookout for an Infrastructure Engineer who wants to join our distributed team and help us execute our vision.
Our mission is to provide secure and reliable infrastructure, enabling other engineering teams to successfully deploy and manage their mission-critical workloads, while ensuring the maximum availability of our products. We are passionate about resiliency, automation and to keep things up and running at scale.
On a regular day, you might find yourself working on:
- Deploying services or designing processes to support the needs of other engineering teams.
- Defining what our infrastructure might look like in the near future.
- Preparing a backup and disaster recovery strategy to keep our data safe and minimise the RTO.
- Writing code to automate processes and deploy new cloud services/resources.
- Maintaining the core infrastructure of the company.
- Working with other engineering teams to troubleshoot and resolve operational issues.
- Improving services operational efficiency and performance.
- Ensuring that all the compliance requirements are met.
- Preparing PoC of new technologies or services.
We value teamwork, trust, boldness, communication and a healthy working relationship in which finger-pointing has no place. You can always count on the team for support.
- You have good problem-solving skills, a tendency towards simple and effective solutions and a “getting things done” mentality.
- Analytical thinking, troubleshooting skills, attention to detail.
- You are a reliable, trustworthy person that keeps their promises.
- Interest in keeping yourself up to date and learning new technologies.
- Product-oriented mindset and eagerness to take part in shaping the products we build.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Ability to work autonomously in a fully distributed team.
- Good communication skills in verbal and written English.
Being a distributed team enables us to hire only the best, without being restricted to the talent pool available at a specific geographic location. However, to facilitate team communication and collaboration we currently require you to be located in Europe. You must also be able to travel to other European locations 1-2 times a year for our onsite meetings.
The compensation range for this role is €70,000 to €100,000 annually, depending on your skills and experience. We encourage you to read our Recruitment FAQs for further details. In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide a number of perks to all team members, including a shiny new MacBook 16" M1 Pro or Dell XPS 15" if Linux is your thing.
- 2+ years of experience with some of the major clouds like AWS, GCP or Azure.
- 2+ years of experience with Kubernetes and containers in general.
- Understanding of IP networking, HTTP/S, VPN, load balancers, firewalls and DNS.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools (Terraform, Pulumi, CloudFormation...).
- Familiarity with log management systems (Fluentd, Splunk, ELK...).
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools (Prometheus, Grafana, PagerDuty...).
- Python or Go coding skills.
- Experience with CDN’s.