Software Engineer (Go)
RemoteSpain, Catalunya [Cataluña], EuropeAccount & Betting Team
At BlueLabs we're combining the buzzing world of sports betting with modern tech and a great engineering culture. We own our multi-tenant sports betting platform end-to-end. It consists of tens of microservices in a handful of decoupled domains, orchestrated by a terraform-provisioned Kubernetes cluster, achieving high scalability thanks to an event-driven architecture based on Apache Pulsar. We follow modern CI/CD and agile methodologies to deploy into production multiple times per day and use Datadog to monitor our infrastructure and applications.
We're now looking for a Software Engineer to join our Account & Betting Team. You will build and maintain scalable Golang services using the latest technologies, and build an innovative architecture that puts the needs of our customers first. Our team is responsible for Player Account Management and Payments as well as all betting-related services such as Bet Placement and Settlement, Cash Out, and Risk Management.
- Write scalable backend services with strict requirements for low latency and high throughput
- Collaborate with software engineers, product managers, and designers in an autonomous, supportive team environment
- Solve problems in a highly technical platform that is onboarding tens of thousands of new players every month
- Take part in our on-call rotation every few weeks — we build it, we run it
- Improve our planning, development, and deployment processes to help you and your fellow team members
However, that's not all! At BlueLabs, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role and our product accordingly.
The compensation range for this role is €50,000 to €80,000 annually, depending on your skills and experience. We encourage you to read our Recruitment FAQs for further details. In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide several perks, including a shiny new MacBook 16" M1 Pro or Linux laptop.
- 1+ years of professional software development experience using Go
- Experience building distributed systems, communicating asynchronously via message passing using RabbitMQ, Kafka or Pulsar
- Good understanding of DDD, CQRS, microservices architecture, and SQL/NoSQL data stores
- Ability to write clean, efficient, maintainable, and well-tested code
- Familiarity with test automation, cloud and containerization technologies, code instrumentation and CI/CD pipelines
- Interest in taking ownership of your services and managing them in a production environment including the troubleshooting of live incidents
- Good communication in verbal and written English with both technical and business parties
- An interest in sports or experience with sports betting is certainly a plus but not required